EDITOR'S NOTE: Chad Vaughn is a two-time Olympian, nine-time Nationwide Champion, multi-time worldwide medalist, and an American report holder within the sport of Olympic-style weightlifting. Together with competing, Chad owns CrossFit CenTex and has coached inside the CrossFit group for the final 4 years by means of weightlifting courses and seminars all over the world.
A 4-Week Intro to the Ideas of Vaughn Weightlifting
Rhythm and timing are important to growing proficient Olympic lifts; nonetheless, faults and errors can overwhelm and delay the specified progress of any aggressive or informal health fanatic.
I imagine the preliminary breakdown and emphasis on 4 core rules can set a basis that can finally result in the smoothest and most profitable path to optimizing anybody’s snatch, clear, and jerk.
These 4 core rules are:
- Overhead stability
- Bar path
- Head motion
The corresponding program could seem a bit segmented, remoted, and even gradual in progressing, however I would like you to bear in mind the core rules I’m making an attempt to determine and make concrete.
For a extra full dialogue of those rules and of Chad's strategies, learn the total article Sluggish Down: Chad Vaughn's Free 4-Week Weightlifting Program.
In search of a distinct week of this system?
- Week 1
- Week 2 – you might be right here
- Week 3
- Week 4
1. Jerk grip strict press with head tilt: 65% x10, 70% x10, 75% x8, 80% x6 – Chin up and eyes discover the ceiling on every rep
2. Entrance squat: 65% X2, 72.5% X2, 77.5% X5X3 units, 77.5% AMRAP – Relaxed fingers and excessive elbows
3. Hip clear: load by really feel x3x5-7 units – Emphasis on vertical torso and straight extension by means of the shoulders
4. Clear lift-off: 95-105% (% of full clear) x5x4 units – Partial deadlift (DL) to above the knee utilizing leg drive and buying vertical shins as bar lifts off
1) 1X snatch push press + 3X overhead squat (OHS) with 3-second pause in backside: 5-7 units ending at not more than 80% of snatch – Emphasis is to maintain the joints stacked and bar positioned over the physique’s midline
2) Hip energy snatch + OHS: 60% x3, 65% x3, 70% x3, 75% x3, 80% x3 – Emphasis on vertical torso and straight extension by means of the shoulders
3) Snatch-grip deadlift (SDL) with 3-second pause above knee on descent: 85% x5, 90% x5, 95% x5x2 units (proportion is of full snatch 1RM) – Reinforcing the knee place and vertical shins from day 1, #4
1) Two-pause push press: 60% x2, 65% x2, 72.5% x5x2 units, 77.5% AMRAP – Pause in dip for two seconds and pause in head tilt 2 seconds discovering ceiling with eyes
2) Again squat: 65% x2, 72.5% x2, 77.5% x5x3sets, 77.5% AMRAP
3) Cling snatch above knee with 2 pauses: load by really feel x2x5-7 units, ending at not more than 80% of 1RM snatch – Pause 2 seconds above knee and a couple of second in OHS
4) Snatch lift-off: 95-105% of full snatch 1RM x5x4 units – Partial DL to above the knee utilizing leg drive and buying vertical shins as bar lifts off
1) Energy clear above knee + entrance squat: 60% x5, 65% x5, 70% x5, 75% x5, 80% x5 – Emphasis is on getting shoulders over bar, knees again with vertical shins, and straight extension by means of pull
2) Clear-grip deadlift (CDL): 65% x2, 72.5% x2, 77.5% x5x3 units, 77.5% AMRAP (proportion of estimated 1RM of high quality CDL)
3) Rack jerk with 2 pauses: 60-70% x2x6 units – Pause in dip for two seconds and pause in head tilt 2 seconds, discovering ceiling with eyes
1) Again squat with pause: 70% x2x6 units – First rep in every set has 3-5 second pause within the backside
2) Snatch stability with 3-second pause in backside: 65% x3+1, 70% x3+1, 75% x3+1, 80% x2+1, 85% x2+1 65% x1+AMRAP – Warming the receiving place and feeling the bottom of assist and stability throughout pause
3) Snatch with 3-second lift-off: 60% x5, 65% x5, 70% x5, 75% x5, 80% x5 (reps don’t must be consecutive however reasonably gathered) – Emphasizing leg drive and managed bar path through the preliminary pull to above the knee
4) Clear with 3-second lift-off + jerk with 3-second pause in cut up: 60% x3, 65% x3, 70% x3, 75% x3, 80% x3( reps don’t must be consecutive however reasonably gathered) – Emphasizing leg drive and managed bar path through the preliminary pull to above the knee whereas demonstrating stability and management with pause in cut up