EDITOR'S NOTE: Chad Vaughn is a two-time Olympian, nine-time Nationwide Champion, multi-time worldwide medalist, and an American report holder within the sport of Olympic-style weightlifting. Together with competing, Chad owns CrossFit CenTex and has coached inside the CrossFit group for the final 4 years by weightlifting lessons and seminars world wide.
A 4-Week Intro to the Ideas of Vaughn Weightlifting
Rhythm and timing are important to creating proficient Olympic lifts; nevertheless, faults and errors can overwhelm and delay the specified progress of any aggressive or informal health fanatic.
I imagine the preliminary breakdown and emphasis on 4 core rules can set a basis that can in the end result in the smoothest and most profitable path to optimizing anybody’s snatch, clear, and jerk.
These 4 core rules are:
- Overhead stability
- Bar path
- Head motion
The corresponding program could appear a bit segmented, remoted, and even sluggish in progressing, however I need you to bear in mind the core rules I’m making an attempt to ascertain and make concrete.
For a extra full dialogue of those rules and of Chad's strategies, learn the complete article 4 Weeks to Larger Lifts With Olympian Chad Vaughn.
On the lookout for a distinct week of this system?
- Week 1 – you might be right here
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
1. Jerk grip strict press with head tilt: 60% x10, 65% x10, 70% x10, 75% x8 – Chin up and eyes discover the ceiling on every rep
2. Entrance squat: 70% x5x6 units – Relaxed arms and excessive elbows
3. Hip clear: load by really feel x3x5-7 units – Emphasis on vertical torso and straight extension by the shoulders
4. Clear lift-off: 90-100% (% of full clear) x5x4 units – Partial deadlift (DL) to above the knee utilizing leg drive and buying vertical shins as bar lifts off
1) 1X snatch push press + 3X overhead squat (OHS) with 3-second pause in backside: 5-7 units ending at not more than 80% of snatch – Emphasis is to maintain the joints stacked and bar positioned over the physique’s midline
2) Hip energy snatch + OHS: load by really feel x3x5-7 units – Emphasis on vertical torso and straight extension by the shoulders
3) Snatch-grip deadlift (SDL) with 3-second pause above knee on descent: 85% x5, 90% x5, 95% x5x3 units (proportion is of full snatch 1RM) – Reinforcing the knee place and vertical shins from day 1, #4
1) Two-pause push press: 70% x5x6 units – Pause in dip for two seconds and pause in head tilt 2 seconds discovering ceiling with eyes
2) Again squat: 70% x5x6 units
3) Cling snatch above knee with 2 pauses: load by really feel x2x5-7 units, ending at not more than 80% of 1RM snatch – Pause 2 seconds above knee and a pair of second in OHS
4) Snatch lift-off: 90-100% of full snatch 1RM x5x4 units – Partial DL to above the knee utilizing leg drive and buying vertical shins as bar lifts off
1) Energy clear above knee + entrance squat: load by really feel x3x5-7 units – Emphasis is on getting shoulders over bar, knees again with vertical shins, and straight extension by pull
2) Clear-grip deadlift (CDL): 80% x5x6 units (proportion of estimated 1RM of high quality CDL)
3) Rack jerk with 2 pauses: 60-70% x2x6 units – Pause in dip for two seconds and pause in head tilt 2 seconds, discovering ceiling with eyes
1) Again squat with pause: 70% x2x6 units – First rep in every set has 3-5 second pause within the backside
2) Snatch steadiness with 3-second pause in backside: 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1 – Warming the receiving place and feeling the bottom of help and steadiness throughout pause
3) Snatch with 3-second lift-off: 12 reps complete @ 75% – Emphasizing leg drive and managed bar path throughout the preliminary pull to above the knee
4) Clear with 3-second lift-off + jerk with 3-second pause in break up: 8-10 complete reps @ 75% – Emphasizing leg drive and managed bar path throughout the preliminary pull to above the knee whereas demonstrating steadiness and management with pause in break up